What is Java?
Java is a high-level object-oriented programming language and computing platform first released by Sun Microsystems in 1995. Java is designed to have as few implementation dependencies as possible and allows you to write it once and run it anywhere without having to recompile the program from the source code.
Java source code is compiled to bytecode that can run on any Java virtual machine (JVM) regardless of the underlying computer architecture. The Java Virtual Machine (JVM) is an engine that converts the given Java bytecode to machine code and is part of the Java Runtime Environment (JRE).
Java syntax was mainly taken from C++. Java is one of the most popular programming languages and is actively used to develop mobile applications on Android and client-server applications requiring increased stability and reliability.
What is Java used for?
- Java is used for developing Android Apps.
- Java is used for scientific computing and big data analytics.
- Java is used to build enterprise-grade client/server applications that require increased security, stability, and reliability.
- Java is used to program hardware devices.
What are the advantages of Java?
- Java is easy to learn.
- Java is object-oriented, and it helps you create modular programs and reusable code.
- Java is platform-independent; your code will work equally well on Windows, macOS, and Linux and can easily be ported from one platform to another.
- Java is secure and reduces security threats and risks by avoiding the use of explicit memory pointers. It has a built-in security manager that allows you to define access rules for objects.
- Java is very popular and widely used by leading Internet companies. It has a large and active community where you can get answers to any Java questions.
How to run Java code online?
With the ReqBin Online Java code runner, you can run Java code-snippets directly from your browser. No desktop apps or browser plugins are required. Just type the Java code and click Execute. Built-in Java code syntax highlighting will highlight Java syntax and errors as you enter a Java code.